Do you know what is even sweeter than a tasty dessert? Being able to make that tasty dessert for just pennies! Food always tastes better when you know you whipped it up on a dime, and with the hit of my sisters Mini Strawberry Pies, I thought these Mini Cherry Pies would be another perfect after dinner delight. If you are looking for a fast, simple, and inexpensive dessert for your next meal or gathering, give these miniature cherry pies a try and see how simple it is to get some great flavor for less.
- 2 Refrigerated pie crusts
- Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 tablespoon of granulated or plain white sugar
- Non stick cooking spray
- Muffin tin
- Spray your muffin tin generously with the non stick spray.
- Unroll your refrigerated pie crust and allow it to thaw for a few minutes if it is still stiff.
- Use your knife and begin cutting the pie crust into squares that measure approximately 2 inches by 2 inches. You want them to fit into your muffin tin with plenty of dough to cover the sides all of the way up to the top.
- Place each dough square into the muffin tin cups and press them gently so they fit the mold of the cup.
- Put two large spoonfuls of cherry filling into each cup. You want it to come right up to the top of the cup.
- Take the second pie crust and cut it into strips. The strips should be rather thin, less than ½ an inch wide.
- Place the strips in a basket weave fashion over the top of the muffin cups. You will now start to see how they resemble mini pies.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake according to pie crust directions. It will typically be about 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once done, take out and sprinkle each with the granulated or regular sugar for extra sweetness and sparkle.
That’s it! You can now enjoy your mini cherry pies. But be careful, as the filling will be quite hot. Give these budget bites a try and see how simple it is to enjoy a sweet dessert on a dime!