To kick-off Earth Month, PBS KIDS announced today its annual Explore the Outdoors programs and activities!
PBS KIDS encourages families to shake off the winter chill, go outside and discover nature. During Earth Week (April 20), WILD KRATTS and DINOSAUR TRAIN will premiere all-new episodes, and activities for parents and kids to do together will be available both on and offline.
Also, across the country more than 50 local PBS member stations will be hosting Earth Month-related events to connect children to the environment through hands-on learning activities. Kids can play plant, animal and adventure-themed games by visiting pbskids.org/outdoors. More information about how to engage the entire family in outdoor exploration this April is available at pbsparents.org/outdoors.
You can explore the outdoors, too. Here are a few tips, ideas and activities to get you started.
- Try out your green thumb with this activity from ARTHUR.
- Get the whole family recycling with this game from CURIOUS GEORGE.
- Explore and share the Earth with PLUM LANDING
- Make the most of Spring with these 7 easy outdoor activities.
- Weave some math into your next trip to the farmers market.
- Then, take your goodies on a picnic with these DIY picnic bags.