Did you know that today is National Watermelon Day? It really is! I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on the watermelon that we all know and love and make Watermelon Bark. With some melting candy and your microwave, you can make this adorable and tasty Watermelon Bark too!
Watermelon Bark Candy
1 Cup Wilton light green melting candy
1 Cup white chocolate chips
3/4 Cup pink melting candy
1/4 Cup chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In three separate microwave safe bowls, Microwave your chocolates each separately on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted
3. Pour your green melted chocolates in the center of your parchment paper and thinly spread out with a spatula and let set for about 5 minutes
4. Now pour your white chocolate on top of your green and carefully spread out on top of your green chocolate, leaving about a 1/2″ of green on the outside and let set for another 5 minutes
5. Now pour your pink chocolate on your white chocolate and spread out evenly with a spatula, leaving about a 1/2″ edge of white chocolate
6. Top off the pink chocolate with your chocolate chips and set in the freezer for 30 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
7. Carefully break apart your chocolate bark and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this watermelon bark candy! And Happy National Watermelon Day!