Tickets and compensation were provided by Dolby Cinema at AMC . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Our family has been waiting anxiously for quite some time for the release of Disney/ Pixar’s Finding Dory. Well, I am excited to say it opened in theaters everywhere this weekend and we had to make sure we were there to see it! To make sure this move going experience was awesome for the entire family, we saw it at the Dolby Cinema at AMC in Town Square. This theater is amazing! The attention to detail that they put into the movie going experience makes it second to none, and made our family trip to the movies perfect.
From the moment you enter the theater you notice the care and craftsmanship that has gone into the construction of this amazing venue. Gone are the dimly lit running lights and the claustrophobic hallway that leads you to your seat. The hallway has been widened and one wall has been replaced with a HD screen that took up the entire wall. A video of characters from Finding Dory was playing on the screen and it served to get us extra hyped for what we were about to see.
Additionally you can be fully reclined in your chair and if someone needs to get down the aisle there is plenty of room for him or her to do so. That is what is so impressive about this theater it is the space you have. It was perfect even for my daughter Everything is bigger, the screen, your seat, the aisles, and the sound is huge. You would expect great sound from a Dolby theater and this is some of the best I have heard. And the picture quality was equally impressive with tremendous clarity and resolution. The picture and sound in the Dolby Theater give you the feeling that you are right there in the middle of the ocean with Dory and her pals.
I cannot think of a better place to see a movie and was so happy that Finding Dory was the first movie that my 2.5 year old saw in the theaters. It makes this film even more special. Here are my top 5 reasons to see Finding Dory!
Here are the top 5 reasons to see Finding Dory with your kids this summer!
- The Disney/ Pixar short films that are attached to the features are often themselves worth the price of admission. Piper the short in front of Dory fantastic and fits with the theme of the feature. Piper is a sandpiper hatchling learning to fend for herself in and around the wide wondrous ocean. I am always floored by these shorts because they do almost all of the storytelling with the images on the screen, and despite the lack of dialogue these films can get me pretty emotional. Apparently it runs in the family. Our 2 year old was yelling for Piper to “Be careful!” Piper is both endearing and beautiful!
- Go on a new journey with Dory, Marlin, and Nemo to meet some old and new friends along the way. Dory sets out in search to find her parents and discovers a great deal about herself and what it means to be a family along the way. Much of the film is about how Dory copes with her short term memory loss and how she is able to overcome all the obstacles that get in her way.
- Hank the octopus, actually septipus because he only has 7 tentacles, is one of the new friends Dory meets on her journey. He is the reluctant super hero of the story, he is cranky yet kind, and he can shape shift into many things to get himself and Dory out of sticky situations. Hank is my new favorite character in Finding Dory! My kids loved him, too. To learn more about Hank check out my post from when I learned all about him from the artists that created him! >>All about Hank
- Baby Dory is so irresistably cute and as a parent I related to these scenes the most. Dory’s parents hopes and fears for their child make me think of my own children. We celebrate their successes and work on their shortcomings. All the while we know the world like the ocean can be a dangerous place. In the end you do the best you can and hope you have taught them well.
- What Would Dory Do? Despite her flawed memory there is a Zen to Dory that we can all learn and grow from. From now on when I am faced with a decision and I don’t know what I should do next I will think of Dory and her mantra, “Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!”
Finding Dory is in theaters now! See it today in Dolby Cinema at AMC!
AMC Empire 25
Connect with Finding Dory