When I found out that The Muppets were coming out with a new movie I was so excited. I loved the Muppets as a kid and wanted to be able to introduce them to my son. The movie did not disappoint. It was nostalgic and modern, and I absolutely loved it! But most importantly, so did Baybah. To read my full review of the film please click the link- The Muppets Movie Review.
On vacation in Los Angeles, Walter, the world’s biggest Muppet fan, his brother Gary (Jason Segel) and Gary’s girlfriend, Mary (Amy Adams), from Smalltown, USA, discover the nefarious plan of oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to raze Muppet Studios and drill for the oil recently discovered beneath the Muppets’ former stomping grounds. To stage a telethon and raise the $10 million needed to save the studio, Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets, who have allgone their separate ways: Fozzie now performs with a Reno casino tribute band called theMoopets, Miss Piggy is a plus-size fashion editor at Vogue Paris, Animal is in a Santa Barbara clinic for anger management, and Gonzo is a high-powered plumbing magnate.
Now, I am so excited to announce that The Muppets is now available on DVD/ Blu-ray! The Blu-ray includes The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made that is seriously laugh out loud. It also features a hilarious featurette called A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through that shows Jason Segel, Kermit, The Great Gonzo, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy and others get ready for the first day of production and much more fun. I also love the audio commentaries with screenwriter and star Jason Segel, director James Bobin and screenwriter Nicholas Stoller that is also included. It is so fun to hear them talk about their film.
We loved our The Muppets Wocka-Wocka Value Pack and know your family will love it too.
The 3 Disc Wocka-Wocka Value Pack includes:
(1-Disc Blu-ray + 1-Disc DVD + Digital Copy + Soundtrack Digital Download Card)
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) – A laugh out loud look at the actors’funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney’s “The Muppets.”
- Disney Intermission – Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
- Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets.” Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
- Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
- A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
- Eight Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
- The Combo Pack also comes with the popular theatrical spoof trailers
- The Complete Soundtrack
Digital Bonus Exclusive Includes:
- Inside Walter’s Trailer. Take a peek inside Walter’s star trailer as he prepares to play his big role.
Disclosure: I received the product above for the purpose of review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.