Have your little ones help you in the kitchen to make and decorate these adorable sugar cookies that are iced to look like mini pumpkin pies. They are almost too cute to eat, almost!
Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookies
- 3 cup Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Wilton Orange Cookie Icing
- Can Whipped Cream
- ICING INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients.
- Take teaspoon size pieces, roll into balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375 degree oven about 8-10 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown).
- Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- After cookies are cool cover top of cookie in orange icing.
- Allow to dry.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Mix in the sugar one cup at a time.
- Add cocoa powder and mix until color is uniform.
- Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag.
- Refrigerate to firm.
- Pipe a ring around the cookie to look like crust.
- put a tiny dollop of whipped cream in center of cookie.
Just ice your sugar cookies with orange icing and pipe a ring around your cookies with brown icing to make it look like crust. Then for an extra cute and extra special effect, add a dollop of whipped cream on the cookie!
There you have it, Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookies! Enjoy!
Check out some more Thanksgiving recipes, crafts, and more found on my Pinterest page! Thanksgiving Pins