These Oreo Turkey Pops were inspired by several that I saw on Pinterest and magazines. Here is my take on the cute Thanksgiving treat for kids!
Oreo Turkey Pops
Recipe type: Dessert
- Oreo cookies, regular size
- White Icing (I used a small Wilton tube)
- Candy Corn
- Candy Red Hots
- Candy Eyes
- Brach’s Pumpkin candies (the kind that comes with candy corn)
- Colored tootsie rolls
- Lollipop sticks
- Dab icing on the back of the candy eyes and press down onto the cookie to attach for the turkey pop eyes.
- Take a Brach’s pumpkin candy and cut off the top of it. Place icing on one side of it and attach to the cookie to use as the nose.
- Unwrap a colored tootsie roll (your choice of color) and press down on it to flatten it. With a knife, cut out a V-shape to use as the beak. Apply icing to the back and press it down on to the nose.
- Cut a red hot candy in half. Apply icing to the back side of it and attach to the cookie on the bottom right side of the beak (see picture). This will be the wattle of the turkey.
- Take 5 candy corns and dip lightly into the icing and place into the Oreo creme in a fan-like position. These will be the feathers.
- Put icing on the top inch of a lollipop stick and insert into the creme of the Oreo cookie. The icing will dry and hold the stick in place.
- Add decorative ribbon or tags to each pop and ENJOY!