Hubs and I have been craving food from back home, Pittsburgh, PA. So we decided to make a favorite the Pittsburgh Salad. What is different about a Pittsburgh Salad you ask? French fries!! Yes, that is right. French fries!! Pittsburghers love french fries, and love putting them in things that you would not expect. The most famous sandwich shop in Pittsburgh even puts french fries in their sandwiches. So of course Pittsburghers had to put french fries on a salad.
To make our Pittsburgh Salad, Hubs and I decided to give it a twist and use sweet potato fries. Ore-Ida Sweet Potato fries by Heinz were the perfect choice because we love Ore-Ida products, and wanted to add even more Pittsburgh to our salad. Heinz is a Pittsburgh company! We headed to our local Sams Club to get the ingredients. We knew that Sams would have everything we needed including the Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries. Visit my this moment story to find out more about our shopping experience.
Before you begin, put your Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries in the oven at 400 for 25-28 minutes. We added Ore-Ida Tater Tots too!
1. Put lettuce in a bowl. You can use any lettuce you want, we used spring mix.
2. Cut up an clean other vegetable you would like to add to your salad. We used cucumbers.
3. We also used mushrooms.
4. Add them to your lettuce.
5. To make this recipe even easier, we used pre-made packaged fajita steak . Just took 30 seconds to warm up. Easy!
6. Add the steak and some shredded cheese to the salad.
7. Pull your Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries out of the oven, and let cool just a bit before you put them on your salad.
8. Add the Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries to your salad. We even added a couple of Ore-Ida Tater Tots as croutons too!
9. Top with ranch dressing and some crushed pepper.
We hope you love the Pittsburgh Salad as much as we do. The contrast of the cold salad, warm fries and the cool dressing are a perfect combination. And adding the Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries added a yummy sweet twist to the salad. The entire family loved it, and Baybah could not get enough to the fries. We will definitely be buying the Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries again!
Disclosure: This project has been compensated as part of a #OreIdaFries shopping mission for Heinz with #CollectiveBias. All thoughts and opinions are my own.