Last month I shared some tips from LifeLock to help protect your identity when while buying a new home. This month I have 5 more tips to share with you. You can never be to safe when it comes to your identity and LifeLock is here to help.
5 LifeLock Tips To Help Keep Your Identity Safe When You Are Moving:
- A legitimate mortgage company may review your credit report, employment, income, assets and property when evaluating your mortgage loan approval. This is why it is especially important to make sure you keep an eye on your credit report.
- Make sure movers are reputable by checking with the Better Business Bureau before allowing them into your own home.
- If you are in between places, or anytime for that matter, do not work on anything that involves sensitive information like banking or taxes on public WiFi. These networks are especially vulnerable to hackers.
- Identity theft is especially prevalent during peak moving season between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Make sure to take those extra steps to keep your identity safe! Run your credit report every six months.
- When cleaning out your old house it is safe to throw away paper with personal information only after you have shredded it first. Dumpster diving is a proven method thieves use to gain personal information.
This month’s LifeLock for Life Sweepstakes ends on March 3rd so make sure to enter now for your chance to win one of nine LifeLock Memberships or a $1000 Visa Gift Card!!
Enter here – LifeLock for Life Sweepstakes
Connect with LifeLock:
Disclosure: I am sharing this information as a LifeLock Ambassador. Thoughts and opinions are my own.