Another fun Thanksgiving treat for kids inspired by Pinterest with my own little touch. These turkey cookies will be a hit with your little turkeys!
To make these adorable turkey sugar cookies, use your favorite cookie recipe or better yet, make it easy and use slice and bake!
- White icing or candy melts (I used Wilton)
- Chocolate icing or candy melts (I used Wilton)
- Candy Corn
- Candy eyes (I used Wilton but you can find these in any craft store or Walmart/Target)
- Green icing
- Orange icing
- HOW TO DECORATE A TURKEY SUGAR COOKIE
- Microwave ¼ cup chocolate candy melts in 15 second increments until soft and creamy.
- Apply melted chocolate (or frosting) on top of the cookie.
- Repeat with white candy melts or frosting
- Using the remainder of the melted candies (or frosting), apply to the back of the candy corn pieces and press into the top of each cookie in a fan-like shape (refer to picture). These will be the “feathers.”
- Dab a bit of frosting on the back of the candy eyes and press down onto the cookie.
- Using orange icing (I used a small Wilton tube), create a V-shape for the beak.
- Using green icing (I used a small Wilton tube), create the feet (refer to picture),
- Let “set” for 10 minutes.
Make your turkeys different colors for some added fun! These would be cute as cookie pops as well.