This super yummy ice cream goodness will be sure to leave your guests begging for more. With just 15 minutes to prep everyone has time to throw this treat in the freezer the night before any celebration.
Believe me, after bringing this to a staff meeting I was asked to bring 2 double recipes to the next event. When our winter party rolled around suffice it to say both dishes looked licked clean. Enjoy friends!
Ice Cream Delight
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box ice cream sandwiches
- 1 container cool whip; thawed
- 1 bite-size bag of Butterfingers
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel syrup
- Smash the entire bag of Butterfingers with your thumbs and set aside. Be sure to leave some big chunks too. Yum! I found that leaving the chocolate within the packaging avoids a big mess.
- Layer the bottom of an 8inch square glass dish with ice cream sandwiches. Cut sandwiches to fit dish. Don’t worry about making it look pretty, no one will see. Next, using a spatula add a layer of cool whip. Then layer half of the bag of Butterfingers on top of the cool whip.
- Repeat layering the remaining ice cream sandwiches, cool whip and Butterfingers. Then drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrup. Place toothpicks around edges and in the center of ice cream cake cover with plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze over night.
-This doubles easily for a crowd! 2 boxes of ice cream sandwiches, 1 large container Cool Whip, 2 bags butterfingers all prepared in a 9X12 glass dish. -I’ve made this with generic brands, popular brands, fat-free, sugar-free… they are all just as yummy and no one knew the difference.