Hasbro, makers of Scrabble, one of my favorite board games has come out with a new way to play Scrabble called Scrabble Flash. This Toy Industry Association’s 2010 Game of the Year, challenges players to shuffle, slide and swap electronic letter tiles to form three, four and five letter words in a flash, and let me tell you, this game is addictive.
Inside of the Scrabble Flash box you will find, 5 SmartLink tiles, rules for the game, and a storage box with no set up required. I quickly read the directions so I could get started. There are 3 different ways to play:
1. Scrabble Flash (1 player)- Find as many 3, 4, and 5 letter words as you can before time runs out.
2. Scrabble Five-Letter Flash (1 player)- Score as many points as you can by finding a 5 letter word for each letter mix.
3. Scrabble Pass Flash ( 1 or more players)- Players take turns forming 5 letter words with the letters on the tiles. Players drop out as they run out of time before forming a word. The last player in the game is a winner.
To start playing any of the games is easy. You just line up the tiles horizontally, and then press the start button on each tile. When 1-2-3 menu appears, press the number of the game you would like to play, and then you are off. My favorite way to play is Scrabble Flash. I like that you can get points for 3, 4, or 5 point words. You get 1 point for each word scored, and bonus time on the clock when you have a 5 point word. Each time you have a word, the tiles flash and beep letting you know. If you have already played that word, it lets you know by just beeping. When you time starts to run out, your tiles let you know that it is time to get that last word in. Your score, and the total maximum score are then displayed on the tiles.
Once you can finally pull yourself away from the game, you can store the tiles in its small storage box for the next time. I love that this game is portable, and the perfect size to take with you anywhere you go. All you would need is a flat surface to play.
Scrabble Flash is fun, addictive, and a new experience each time you play!
Scrabble Flash is for ages 8 and up, and retails for $29.99 from Hasbro, Target, Amazon, and more.
One lucky Crazy About My Baybah reader will win their own Scrabble Flash game! Thanks Hasbro!
Extra Entries: (completely optional)
- Follow Crazy About My Baybah on Google Friends Connect.
- Become a fan of Scrabble on Facebook. If you would like, tell them Crazy About My Baybah sent you!
- Become a fan of Crazy About My Baybah on Facebook.
- Follow Hasbro’s Family Game Night on Twitter.
- Follow Crazy About My Baybah on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway using the tweet button below. Leave the link in your comment. You may tweet 1 time a day for extra entries.
- Become an rss follower. +2 entries
- Sign up to receive my email. +2 entries
- Add this giveaway to a linky, contest listing, or blog about it. Leave me the link.
- Become Network Blog follower.