Finding Dory is in theaters everywhere and Hank the Octopus (septopus) is a new character in the series that is sure to be a favorite. Hank is a reluctant super hero who has many talents including being an escape artist who can camouflage himself to get out of all kinds of situations. Since Hank is our new favorite character, I thought it would be fun to create an easy craft for kids in his honor!
All of the materials can be found at your local craft or even drug store! You might even have everything you need.
Red construction paper
Red crepe paper
Life savers mints
Plastic googly eyes
Hot glue/hot glue gun
1. Place your red paper vertically on the table and draw an octopus head shape onto your paper as pictured.
2. Cut out Hank the Octopus head out with scissors.
3. Cut about 8-12″ strands of crepe paper and start carefully hot glue them to the bottom back of your red octopus head. Make sure to give Hank 7 tentacles!
4. Now turn Hank over to the front and carefully hot glue a set of googly eyes onto the bottom of the head.
5. Now unwrap your mints and carefully hot glue them to about 3 of your crepe paper stands and you’ve got yourself Hank the Octopus (Septopus)!
Finding Dory is in theaters everywhere! See it today!
Connect with Finding Dory