I am so excited to share with you my Disney Planes Review! When I first saw the movie in June at the Disney Planes Event I was bursting at the seams to tell you all about it. Disney Planes was the perfect addition to Cars! I was not sure how it would measure up, but I would have to say that DisneyToon Studios went above and beyond my expectations. The animation, music, characters, and storyline were perfect. I felt like I was flying in the air with Dusty as I laughed, cheered, and teared up at this beautiful movie.
Here are the top 5 reasons you should take your family to see Planes this weekend!
1. Dusty the lead character is a humble, caring, underdog determined to reach for his dreams. He is a crop duster in Propwash Junction with dreams for more, but even some of his friends have their doubts. With his kindness and determination he won their hearts and mine as well.
2. El Chupacabra, the spicy, fun loving Mexican plane that befriends Dusty, is my favorite character in the film. He is as silly as he is endearing and is the romantic in the film. He steals scene after scene while providing comic relief. He is a true friend to Dusty.
3. The overriding plot of the film is a race around the world and on this journey Dusty encounters a wealth of multicultural Planes on his adventure. You could tell that they really wanted to embrace the different ethnicities, cultures, and colors of the world. They did this beautifully.
4. With the exception of a couple of Planes in the movie, all of them create a positive example of what a friend should be. Chug gives Dusty support from the very beginning. Dottie is the voice of reason that supports Dusty but also wants to protect him at the same time. Dusty through his kind heart wins over the other Planes he races against even if they were not immediately drawn to him.
5. Disney Planes will hold the attention of all members of your family! Kids will will love the film because of the super cute characters, the colors, and the action in the film. Adults will love the film because you could tell the time and research they put into making the terminology and technical aspects of the film accurate.
We went to see Planes with B that is 4, my niece that is 2.5, and nephew that is 5.5, and all 3 of them loved the movie! Dusty was their favorite character and B could not get enough of El Chu!!
Disney Planes is a family thrill ride that will have you cheering for the underdog even more!