Taking photos of Baybah is my favorite thing to do. He has definitely brought out the shutterbug in me. I thought I would share with you some tips that I have learned along the way that have really helped improve my photography.
Here are some of my favorite vintage pictures of Babe to help me demonstrate. Do you remember when he was bald with no curls?!
8 Tips to Take Better Photos:
1. Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot!– Do not be afraid to take bunch of pictures. Out of 50 shots, there has to be at least one great shot right?! You can always delete the ones you do not want later. Although I keep them all, they are fun blooppers!
2. Take a camera with you everywhere– Whether it is your point and shoot, phone, or dslr, make sure to take a camera with you where ever you go. You never know when that magical moment or milestone is going to happen.
3. Different Point of View– Be creative and take pictures of your little one from different points of view. Lay on the floor, stand on the couch, or go down to your child’s eye level. The key to great photography is making the ordinary extraordinary.
4. Up Close and Personal- Use that zoom and focus on their tootsies, that cute little single curl in their hair or their beautiful face. It’s okay to crop out the sides or top for a better composition.
5. Let Them Move– Do not worry about not getting a posed picture. Those little stinkers move around so much, how could you? Often times the best shots are the ones that just capture a moment not a pose.
7. Turn that Flash Off– Whenever possible, turn off the flash on your camera. The light often washes out whatever it is you are taking a picture of, and leaves harsh shadows. Natural light is the best!
8. Most of all, have fun!- Whether you are just taking pictures of your little one in your living room, or trying to get that perfect shot for your Valentines card, relax and have fun.