Thanks to Disney we were able to attend a press trip to Disneyland Halloween Time. As always, thoughts and opions are my own.
Going to Disneyland is always a fun adventure for our family. This time we got to attend during my favorite holiday, Halloween. Disneyland has transformed themselves for Halloween Time thru November, 1 with all kinds of spooky fun. Here are our favorite reasons why you should visit Disneyland during Halloween Time!
1. Haunted Mansion Holiday
Jack Skellington transforms the Haunted Masion with a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas cheer inspired by the classic animated film “Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas”.” Guests will find new surprises in the Mansion every Halloween including an original Gingerbread House. The smell of gingerbread fills the room when you pass by.
2. Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
The ride starts out as the typical Space Mountain adventure, but then it suddenly launches you into a haunted universe. Ghosts appear out out of the darkness and reach out as if to grab you as you race through space! This was some scary fun for my husband and son.
3. The Dia de los Muertos Display in Frontierland
Disneyland observes Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) with a traditional skeleton display that will remain through Sunday, Nov. 2. The beautiful and bright colored papel picado, calaveras, and ofrendas are located next to Rancho del Zocalo in Fronteirland.
B and I got our face painted with Day of the Dead Skulls!
4. Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree
There were so many fun things to do at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree! Watch pumpkin carvers show their Disney Side, create Halloween Crafts, watch an all new Halloween Magic Show, play Halloween Carnival games, eat fun Halloween Treats, and so much more!
Our favorite thing that happened to us under the Halloween big top was when Mickey asked B to play ring toss with him! Talk about priceless!
5. Mickey Mouse and his friends dress up in adorable Halloween costumes and Disney Villains make special appearances.
We got to meet Jack Skellington and Sally! They can be found to the left of the Haunted Halloween Mansion. My tip for the line is to ask what time they get back after their next break and be there about 10 minutes before they arrive! Hardly any wait at all.
6. Fun fall photo opportunities.
Another must have photo op is to get your picture taken in front of the castle in your Halloween Costumes!
7. Halloween Merchandise
It was really hard to resist all of the adorable Disneyland merchandise at Halloween Time! My favorite spot to buy things was the little kiosk across from the Haunted Mansion. It was filled with so many Nightmare Before Christmas goodies.
We got the baby Zero, when you press on his nose, the pumpkin lights up. B picked out the Oogie Boogie Man, and I picked out a Jack Skellington ornament for our Christmas tree to always remind me of our amazing trip to Halloween Time.
From the Candy Corn Cotton Candy, Pumpkin Brittle, and Pumpkin Cheese Cake to their Anti Vampire Garlic Chicken Pizza, Disneyland Halloween Time has a special Halloween treat just for you.
9. Mickey’s Halloween Party
This special ticket event is held 14 special nights during Halloween time. Wear your costumes and trick-or-treat at Disneyland Park! This was B’s favorite part of Halloween Time! He loved being able to trick-or-treat at Disneyland!
Highlights of Mickey’s Halloween Party include:
- The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party)
- “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace, where guests can join Mike & Sulley and their fellow students of Monsters University in a fun and family-friendly frat party.
- “Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade featuring some favorite characters, performed twice nightly
- The Cadaver Dans ghoul quartet, performing Halloween-themed tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America
- Photo locations with popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
10. Family Memories that will last a lifetime!
As you can tell, we had a blast at Disneyland Halloween Time, and know you will, too!
Purchase Tickets to Halloween Time and Mickey’s Halloween Party
Head to Disneyland.com
Have you been to Halloween Time? What was your favorite thing? If you have not been, what are you looking most forward to see!